Hoops Pro Challenge - Making it Better Locked discussion

Discussions » Sports Challenges » Other Sports Challenges
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 Messages
Hoops Pro Challenge - Making it Better
Hey guys (and gals),

I wanted to start this thread to get a proper discussion of the Hoops Pro challenge going. It seems you have some good ideas and I want to get them all here.

Please tell me everything we can do to make the Hoops Pro challenge better. So far, it seems like some people want MORE places paid out, some people want LESS places paid out. Please tell me your thoughts on this so we can make it perfect. 

How do we make it the best basketball challenge on the web?!
Posted Oct 29th 2010 11:22AM
I think the prize should be bigger than it is right now. All the ranked players should be able to win at least the amount that they paid to enter the challengem because right now, it's an almost sure lost thing.
Posted Oct 29th 2010 1:16PM
I think the prize should be bigger than it is right now. All the ranked players should be able to win at least the amount that they paid to enter the challengem because right now, it's an almost sure lost thing.

Hmm ... either there is a bug or I'm not understanding correctly. Basically the way it works is like this:

1. We add an "added prize" to the prize pool each day

2. Every player that joins with Coins, those Coins also go to the prize pool

3. ALL the coins are split up and paid out. IN isn't keeping any Coins, they're all paid out.

So, do you mean we should pay out less places so the top ones win more?

Or did I miss the point?
Posted Oct 29th 2010 2:08PM
Maybe IN should add more coins to prize pool that all people who win even win there betted amount 5 in basic and 50 in bronze. I think the paid 15 or 20 places is really good. Like somebody said that 3 would be better, so maybe do only one place to win.. That would be really wrong.
Posted Oct 29th 2010 2:29PM
i think everythings great maybe teases in basketball would be an idea or ar,s
Posted Oct 29th 2010 2:40PM
So, do you mean we should pay out less places so the top ones win more?
Yeah, at least the last paid place should get as much as they had to pay to participate.

I'd prefer a daily dash type of sytem though, because right now it's just not worth it...
Posted Oct 31st 2010 6:37AM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions ... so, a couple options for you guys. You tell me which way is better:

OPTION 1: MORE LIKE DAILY DASH
We remove the Basic and Bronze leaderboard and instead just have one Leaderboard for all VIP Club members. It would be entirely free to play every day (just like daily dash) and the real value would be in the VIP Leaderboard, like the Dash.

OPTION 2: LIKE IT IS NOW WITH MORE ADDED PRIZES
We leave it like it is now, but as we get more members we add more to the "added prize pool" and also we pay out less places so that members that do win will win a lot more.

Option #1 is more "simple", but option #2 gives more flexibility because in the end we could end up with even more Leaderboards so we could have high value ones as well.

Thoughts?
Posted Nov 1st 2010 9:34PM
i like the sounds of option 1
Posted Nov 9th 2010 9:57PM
i like the sounds of option 1

Thanks a lot for all the feedback via email and here. we're taking your advice, like always, and will release a new Hoops Pro Challenge format in the near future. The idea will be the same but the Basic Leaderboard will be free to play and there will be other Leaderboards (like the Bronze) for the basketball fans with more Coins and/or confidence :) The Bronze Leaderboard will have much more Coins added to the prize pool so it's in your best interest to pay the 50 Coins each day to play! 

So there, you no longer will have any excuse for not playing! Fair enough? :)
Posted Nov 10th 2010 12:18AM
Of course it's fair enough :)
Posted Nov 10th 2010 1:06AM
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 Messages

Forum Stats

Total Discussions: 2,606
Total Posts: 19,226
Active Members: 900

Feedback Submit your ideas or ask a question

Feedback
Thank you! Message Sent!
ERROR: Message Not Sent!