Packers vs. Saints Thread Locked discussion

Discussions » Sports Talk » Football
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 Messages
Packers vs. Saints Thread
After what fealt like an eternity, the NFL kicks off tonight right on schedule. The Green Bay Packers play host to the New Orleans Saints in what looks to be an early season preview of a January matchup. The reigning champion Packers are 4.5-point favorites. Not only does this game feature the last two Super Bowl Champions, it also includes the last two Super Bowl MVPs. Kickoff is 6-hours away come here for all your NFL discussion.
Posted Sep 8th 2011 2:10PM
Man that game was wild. I probably feel pretty good that my team won, but that was such shaky defense, except for the 2 4th and 1 stops. Also, it looks like we still can't get first downs and kill the clock late in games. I think McCarthy needs to be a little more agressive with the lead late in games and secure the win. The same thing happened against Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh last year. In all of those games we had 14-point leads yet had to rely on interceptions or a defensive stop late to secure the win. Still a win is a win. GO PACK GO
Posted Sep 9th 2011 5:25PM
Man that game was wild. I probably feel pretty good that my team won, but that was such shaky defense, except for the 2 4th and 1 stops. Also, it looks like we still can't get first downs and kill the clock late in games. I think McCarthy needs to be a little more agressive with the lead late in games and secure the win. The same thing happened against Philadelphia, Chicago and Pittsburgh last year. In all of those games we had 14-point leads yet had to rely on interceptions or a defensive stop late to secure the win. Still a win is a win. GO PACK GO
Are you a Packers fan?
Posted Sep 10th 2011 12:21AM
I was surprised that Green Bay gave up that many points. They missed a lot of tackles and the secondary was not impressive. But then as all of the other games unfolded over the weekend it was clear that all defenses were getting torched. I think the rule changes have really vamped up the scoring this year. QBs are going to combine for the most passing yards in history. Drew Brees, Chad Henne, Cam Newton and  Tom Brady all threw for over 400 yards.
Posted Sep 14th 2011 11:51AM
Not only am I a die hard Packers fan, I'm also a part owner!!!
Posted Sep 14th 2011 12:02PM
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 Messages

Forum Stats

Total Discussions: 2,610
Total Posts: 19,230
Active Members: 901

Feedback Submit your ideas or ask a question

Feedback
Thank you! Message Sent!
ERROR: Message Not Sent!