Klitschko vs. Adamek Thread Locked discussion

Discussions » Sports Talk » MMA
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 Messages
Klitschko vs. Adamek Thread
The heavyweight title bout is currently taking place. Right now it is in the fifth tound with Vitali's jab controlling the fight. Come back to this thread after the fight to talk about all of the action, and also check out the InsideNation news articles for further analysis and fight breakdown.
Posted Sep 10th 2011 5:30PM
I read that Klitschko won in dominating fashion, but Adamek never stopped fighting back.  Adamek has been exposed as not being good enough to beat the older brother K, but at least he didn't punk out like Haye did.  I want to see Adamek in the ring with Haye.  I pick Adamek by UD.
Posted Sep 10th 2011 10:14PM
Pretty boring fight :( Though have to give credit for Adamek!! I was pretty sure that fight ends atleast on second round :)

edit. And yes would be nice to see him against Haye!!
Posted Sep 13th 2011 12:38PM
Yeah Vitali was relentless with his jab and bloodied Adamek's face pretty bad. It wasn't a competitive fight but Adamek never gave up and if the ref hadn't stopped it he likely would have fought through all 12 rounds even though he was getting pounded.
Posted Sep 14th 2011 10:29AM
I would love to see the Brothers K fight, but I guess I can understand if they don't.
Posted Sep 14th 2011 10:12PM
Yeah that matchup would be epic. They mentioned it during the fight and they said that the if the brothers fought one of them would be changed forever and their relationship would never survive.
Posted Sep 15th 2011 11:29AM
Max Kellerman said during the broadcast that he thinks the only possible matchup that would give either Klitschko brothers problems in the near future is the 16-0 Robert Helnius. He's already defeated three former title holders Liakhovich, Samuel Peter and Lamon Brewster.<span style="font-family: verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: #ffffff;"> </span>
Posted Sep 15th 2011 11:46AM
Max Kellerman said during the broadcast that he thinks the only possible matchup that would give either Klitschko brothers problems in the near future is the 16-0 Robert Helnius. He's already defeated three former title holders Liakhovich, Samuel Peter and Lamon Brewster.<span style="font-family: verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: #ffffff;"> </span>
Yeah Robert Robert Helelius is from Finland so you fellas understand how exctited I am :D

But Rob is not ready to fight against Wlad!
Posted Sep 16th 2011 5:16AM
On a "personal" level I can understand their position about fighting each other, BUT... they chose to be boxers & their perspective be damned!
 Each federation should force them to face whoever the #1 happens to be & if that happens to be his bro, well that is what happens in the fight business!
 Imagine if the Williams sisters refused to play each other? How would that fly in the tennis world?
This is horrible for boxing & makes the heavy weight division laughable!
 The number 1 & 2 won't fight each other, #3 had his butt handed to him by Vitali, #4 (overall rankings by KO news)  Alexander Povetkin next fight is against Holyfield? The field is sub-standard & only fitting for a top 10 Continental belt...
 The only bout that makes sense for the HW division is bro vs bro unification bout, anything else is meaningless & not worth the price of a PPV!
Posted Sep 17th 2011 8:42PM
I think it's a bit unfair to make the comparison of the Klitschkos fighting to the Williams sisters playing tennis.  One of the sisters may get her feelings/ego hurt with a loss, but it is possible that one of the brothers K could end up suffering some kind of serious brain damage or even dying in the ring.

Something to consider from a perspective outside of the brothers is that it could actually hurt the fight in terms of entertainment.  Who would want to see two guys pillowfisting each other all night because they are afraid to do any kind of real damage to their opponent. 

I can agree that it's unfair to expect other competitors to face one another, while the brothers get to avoid stepping in the ring together (especially when it could be a huge fight for the heavyweight division).  However, I can see how this is a very difficult situation for them to be in.  I am very competitive, so I would have no problem challenging my brother at many different things.  I am not sure I could challenge him if it meant I had to bash in his skull repeatedly for 12 rounds though.
Posted Sep 25th 2011 7:28AM
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 Messages

Forum Stats

Total Discussions: 2,610
Total Posts: 19,230
Active Members: 901

Feedback Submit your ideas or ask a question

Feedback
Thank you! Message Sent!
ERROR: Message Not Sent!