Tim Tebow Gets First Start of the Season Locked discussion

Discussions » Sports Talk » Football
Showing 1 to 15 of 21 Messages
Tim Tebow Gets First Start of the Season
Denver rejoice!!! The Broncos are a great, historical American Football franchise but I won't feel bad for them in anyway when all their pandering for Tebow ends in an inevitble train wreck. We'll see Tebow's first step this weekend as the horrible Broncos face the equally inept Dolphins. So what do you guys think? I'm not sold on Tebow as a non-factor like Merril Hoge, but I'm as positive as a person could be that he is not a franchise QB or the answer for Denver moving forward. We'll continue this discussion after the game when we see some actual ball play from the young man.
As always make your NFL picks and compete for the $5,000 grand prize in this week's Pro Football Frenzy.
Posted Oct 20th 2011 2:16PM
I think being chosen in the first round was the worst thing that could've happened to Tebow. It created these unrealistic expectations and is gunna end up setting Denver back 5 years.
Posted Oct 20th 2011 2:46PM
I won't be suprised if he fails, but at the same time I won't be suprised if he doesn't.  The guy is a winner, and sometimes that's enough.  I'm not saying he'll be the greatest quarterback ever, or even close to being the best in the league now.  I'm just saying that he might prove to everyone that he's better than they think.
Posted Oct 20th 2011 9:51PM
Well Ivey looks like you hit the nail on the head. Not impressive, but he won. It was against the Dolphins, the worst team in the league, but a win is a win.
Posted Oct 26th 2011 1:37PM
Tim Tebow is so whack, I'm sorry. That was a terrible performance, win or no win. Tim Tebow's only legacy is that he's gunna be known as the guy who reminded the world that not only black athletes thank God after a victory.
Posted Oct 26th 2011 3:17PM
I know I started this thread and it WAS a topic of interest for awhile... BUT can we not talk about Tim Tebow untill there is something to talk about? That goes for positive and negative comments alike. Tebow is being talked about more than Rodgers and Brees, more than Fred Jackson and Forte, more than Wes Welker and Brady. It doesn't make sense anymore... So here's the challenge no morte Tebow talk!!!!
Posted Nov 2nd 2011 11:31AM
Thank you!!! I couldn't agree more, it's starting to get ridiculous.
Posted Nov 2nd 2011 2:03PM
I don't know why so many people hate on Tebow.  He just wants to live a dream of being an NFL quarterback.  He's not to blame for having been picked where he was in the draft, or the fact that he got to start (that falls on the Broncos organization).  I said before that he won't be the best in any way as a quarterback, but I still hope that guy succeeds.  We should get back to hating on people who deserve it.  *cough*KingNothing*cough*
Posted Nov 2nd 2011 8:08PM
Does anyone remember how the "pundits" railed on Doug Flutie when he was first drafted? Too short, "One hit wonder", & "scab"...

Tebow's worst crimes were being part of a successful system in college that exploited his abilities (& hid his weaknesses) & being an overt Christian...the media & others could deal with the first crime. Many other QB's have been drafted too high coming out of college (they are "diamonds in the rough" & somethings take a few years seasoning before they are ready to go), but for him to be an "over the top" Christian makes it hard for others to deal with him (the SB "pro-life" commercial with his mom really stoked the fires against him).
 So many have the "Schadenfreude" feeling for him! So as Frank Zappa once said, "some people just love to be outraged & I just love to outrage them!"

BTW, if he doesn't work in the NFL, he is the "proto-typical" CFL QB! I think the Argo's could use him here! A little seasoning here will make him a "Flutie-type" QB for future NFL team!
Posted Nov 3rd 2011 9:33AM
I don't hate Tebow or anything at all, I just hate the non-stop coverage that ESPN gives him. I've never seen overexposure have this big of a negative impact before. All of the attention he gets make fans think he's something he's not ready to be, a capable NFL quarterback.
Posted Nov 3rd 2011 12:07PM
This wasn't meant to be hating on Tebow, I'm hating on the media for not being able to leave him alone.
Posted Nov 3rd 2011 1:11PM
Now I wasn't saying anyone hates him, I was just pointing out the similarities between the 2 of them at the start of their careers. In 10 yrs I bet the "pundits" will be saying the same! :op
 He has the style of game that would play well in the CFL & it could help in his developement in the same way it helped Flutie, Moon,& Theisman...
Posted Nov 3rd 2011 1:34PM
Yeah he needs to go somewhere and develop for at least a few years.
Posted Nov 10th 2011 6:46PM
Well what does everyone think now? Tebow has the second best winning percentage of NFL qb's this year with at least 4 starts. I think it's awesome that he's winning so ugly. If he was out there throwing, for even 150 yards a game, and spreading the ball around the critics would have to take a step back and reevaluate his skill set. But these ugly, unimpressive stats just seem to reinforce what everyone thinks. What I think it shows more than anything is that football is the ultimate team game. Why do we always praise and blame the qb?
Posted Nov 18th 2011 11:08AM
I won't be suprised if he fails, but at the same time I won't be suprised if he doesn't.  The guy is a winner, and sometimes that's enough.  I'm not saying he'll be the greatest quarterback ever, or even close to being the best in the league now.  I'm just saying that he might prove to everyone that he's better than they think.
Whoever said this was on to something!!
Posted Nov 19th 2011 5:41AM
Showing 1 to 15 of 21 Messages

Forum Stats

Total Discussions: 2,610
Total Posts: 19,230
Active Members: 901

Feedback Submit your ideas or ask a question

Feedback
Thank you! Message Sent!
ERROR: Message Not Sent!