NBA Lockout Locked discussion

Discussions » Sports Talk » Basketball
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 Messages
NBA Lockout
The lockout is still in effect and we are now at the precipice of missing an entire NBA season. I feel like the NFL action has overshadowed this issue, but in a few weeks it's going to be painful to live without pro basketball. Especially when those Christmas games are missed.
Posted Nov 18th 2011 2:06PM
I like the NBA, and I am excited for the Bulls to get back out there.  I agree that the Christmas day games will be missed too.  However, I think basketball didn't really watch what happened to baseball & hockey when they had these kinds of issues.  Baseball got lucky with Cal Ripken and then (more importantly) the race to beat Maris' record.  Hockey wasn't so lucky, but they have probably rebounded as well as they could anyway.  I think the NBA is going to take a big hit, when they find out their league isn't as intriguing to fans as they think it is.  I guess they believe that people will just forget about all of this when it starts up again (whenever that is).
Posted Nov 19th 2011 5:37AM
NBA is back baby!!! Games on Christmas!!!
Posted Nov 30th 2011 4:20PM
I hate to say it but I'm predicting the Heat to roll this year.
Posted Nov 30th 2011 4:20PM
A 66-game season is actually pretty solid as far as I'm concerned. We don't need NBA now because of NFL and starting the season on Christmas, which will happen this year, and ending in the Summer is perfect in my eyes. 82 games is too much.
Posted Nov 30th 2011 4:22PM
I hate to say it but I'm predicting the Heat to roll this year.
I hate to say this, but I think you might be correct!!
Posted Dec 1st 2011 12:20AM
A 66-game season is actually pretty solid as far as I'm concerned. We don't need NBA now because of NFL and starting the season on Christmas, which will happen this year, and ending in the Summer is perfect in my eyes. 82 games is too much.
I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with you, but I would rather see less teams in the league than less games.
Posted Dec 1st 2011 12:23AM
Less teams and less games. Both MLB and NBA seasons are too long and there are too many sub par teams playing meaningless games that no one wants to see.
Posted Dec 1st 2011 2:22PM
I'm pretty interested to see what happens now with trades/free agency/player acquisitions. I've heard some interesting Chris Paul and Dwight Howard rumors. NBA free agency and trades are always the most dramatic. Think about last year as a whole, the biggest story wasn't something that happened in the season or even the postseason, it was LeBron's "decision."
Posted Dec 1st 2011 2:24PM
I want to see if the Bulls go for Crawford and/or Richardson.  They need help at the two guard position, and either of those guys would be an improvement over what they currently have.

When Danny Ainge pulled all those moves he did last season, I thought that the Celtics were going to go after Dwight Howard (this was just a gut feeling with no real evidence to back it up).  I guess they could still go after Howard, but I saw on ESPN that they might go after Chris Paul.  I think picking up Paul and/or Howard would put the Celtics right back up into the top mix of the East.  I think that the moves they made last year did contribute to them losing against the Heat.  They might have lost anyway, but I think they may have stood a better chance if they didn't make them.

I agree with the "Decision" being the biggest part of last season, but I'm not sure it will be the same for other players.  I agree that the off season moves will be of interest, but I just don't see any of it being the top story of the season.
Posted Dec 1st 2011 5:24PM
Showing 1 to 10 of 10 Messages

Forum Stats

Total Discussions: 2,606
Total Posts: 19,226
Active Members: 900

Feedback Submit your ideas or ask a question

Feedback
Thank you! Message Sent!
ERROR: Message Not Sent!